Please find below details of a Rally taking place in Huddersfield on Saturday 27th February which may cause some disruption to normal business.
Date of event: Saturday 27th February 2016
- 11.30 – Meet
- 12.00 – March the agreed route
- 13.00 – Return to meeting point
- 13.00-13.30 speeches at meeting point
- 13.30 onwards – Dispersal.
Reason/Cause: Save our HRI – rally to gain support for the Save our HRI Campaign concerning potential closure of the Huddersfield Royal Infirmary A&E department. This is identified as a family friendly event by the Event Organisers.
Type of event: March with speeches after.
Meeting point/Site for Speeches/Dispersal point: St Georges Square.
- Leave St George square and progress down Northumberland Street.
- Turn right off Northumberland Street onto Lord Street.
- Progress down Lord Street and turn right onto Kirkgate.
- Progress up Kirkgate tuning left onto Market Place onto New Street and then right up Cloth Hall Street.
- Progress up Cloth Hall Street and once at the top turn right onto Market Street, across onto Railway Street.
- Once on Railway Street the march will continue down here and end where is started back at St Georges Square for speeches.
- Speeches after the march in St Georges Square.
- Distribution of leaflets concerning the “Save our HRI” campaign.
- Petition to sign.
Expected numbers: Indications show between 2,000 and 7,000 people may potentially be in attendance (this may be affected by the weather on the day).
Again, I would like to reiterate that you should expect some disruption to normal business during the times of the event.